News & Events
Small Business News Release
posted on March 20, 2020
The entire State of Ohio is eligible for low-interest federal disaster loans, through the U.S. Small Business Administration.
The Ohio Emergency Management Agency has been posting daily situation reports and are available at ema.ohio.gov Get the facts!
posted on February 21, 2020
Trash Removal / Waste Management
WASTE MANAGEMENT WEEKLY REFUSE PROGRAM
Attention Genoa Residents:
- When garbage pick up falls on a Waste Management observed holiday, refuse/solid waste and recyclables will be picked up the following day. The Waste Management holidays are as follows:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
All other federally observed holidays that fall on pick up day will not change the normal pick up schedule.
- Monthly Bulk Collection is available and subject to the following:Residents are allowed only ONE bulk item per month from the items below.
- All appliances with doors (stove(s), microwave(s), toaster oven(s) etc.) must have doors removed before curbside placement.
- Living room chair(s), table(s), kitchen chairs (6 kitchen chairs are considered ONE bulk item)
- Sofa(s), love seat(s), mattress(es), box spring(s)
- Carpeting – rolls not to exceed 2’-0” in diameter and 4’-0” in length (6 rolls are considered ONE bulk item
- Swing sets must be dismantled before curbside placement
- Refrigerator(s), Freezer(s), Air conditioner(s), Dehumidifier(s), all appliances with Freon will need to have Freon removed prior to pick-up.
please call: 1-800-343-6047
- If the resident has the Freon removed; is certified; and the appliance is labeled as such, it will be picked- up.
- If the resident has not had the Freon removed, prior to pick up, resident will be charged by Waste Management, $45.00.
- Approved containers may consist of the following:
- Only the Waste Management provided 96 gal. Refuse Cart.
- Materials that are NOT considered refuse and rubbish and will NOT be collected are:
- Any dead animals
- Hot ashes or burning embers, sewage or body waste, tree stumps, sod, rocks or large stones
- Building and/or demolition materials, flammable liquids, hazardous materials, dirt, paint and poisonous or explosive substances, or any matter or substance other than garbage
- No major automobile components will be collected including engines, batteries, blocks, fenders, parts of automobile bodies and used oil
- Village residents may dispose of yard waste at the Village Yard Waste Dump on 4th Street in Genoa, between the hours of 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. from April till November. An electronic gate access card is required and can be obtained at the Administration Office. All access card require activation for a fee of $30.00 EACH year. Should you lose your card at any time an additional fee of $15.00 will be required to replace it, this fee covers the cost of purchasing new cards.
Main St Paving Project
posted on October 30, 2019
Davis-Besse Sirens to be tested!
posted on October 7, 2019
Design Review Board Meeting
posted on October 2, 2019
Design Review Board Meeting, October 3, 2019 @2:00 pm 644 Main St.
Kiwanis Trick or Treat
posted on September 25, 2019
Click links !
The Village of Genoa Will hold Halloween –
Trick or Treat on October 31st from 6:00 to 7:30 pm
Genoa Harvest Fest !
posted on September 20, 2019
CHILI COOK OFF !
posted on August 14, 2019